Announcing the 8th Korean Literature Translation Contest for New Translators
To discover and encourage promising new translators of Korean literature, LTI Korea is now accepting submissions for the 8th Korean Literature Translation Contest for New Translators.
• Target languages and eligibility:
- English, French, German, Spanish, Chinese, Russian, and Japanese
- Koreans and foreigners who have not received institutional grants for translation, nor have previously translated or published a work of Korean literature into a foreign language.
• Applicants should select only one of the following works for translation:
- 성석제 작「해설자들」(제54회 현대문학상 수상소설집)
- 김연수 작「산책하는 이들의 다섯 가지 즐거움」(제33회 이상문학상 작품집)
- One grand prize winner and one commendation prize winner will be selected for each language.
(In the event that a grand prize winner is not chosen, two commendation prizes may be awarded.)
- KRW 3,000,000 for the grand prize winners and KRW 1,500,000 for the commendation prize winners
※ Round-trip airfare for the award ceremony will be provided to award winners residing overseas.
• Online Submission Guidelines:
- From the LTI Korea website (www.klti.or.kr
), go to 번역원 사업소개 -> 교육연구사업 -> 신인상
- Submit both the contest application form (downloadable from the website) and a PDF file of the translation online between August 1 and August 31, 2009.
※ To apply via postal mail, send a copy of the contest application form along with three copies of the translation to the address below no later than August 31, 2009.
Attn: Korean Literature Translation Contest for New Translators
Education & Research Center, Korea Literature Translation Institute
108-5 Samsung-dong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul (135-873)
• Contest results will be posted on October 20, 2009 on the LTI Korea website.
• For further information, please contact Yana Kim (tel.82-(0)2-6919-7752, email@example.com
), or consult the LTI Korea homepage at www.klti.or.kr